AVP Next June 28th
Made it back safe down to Arizona for the AVP Next. This is such a sweet opportunity for guys like myself to get to that next level. I won’t go into details find out more about it on the website: AVP.com/AVPNext.
We ended up getting the 2 seed. The #1 seed being Brian Post and Gregg Stoneham. There were only 9 teams in the tournament on the guys side. The competition was good.
Going into it I felt mentally prepared, but not as physically prepared as I wish I would’ve been, I needed more sleep, more workout sessions, etc.
Our first game we won in 2 pretty easily then the next game we went to three. We won the first then were up 17-10 in the second and lost to force a 3rd game. Finally picked it up in the 3rd game and won. The next game we had was against the #3 seed and we also went to 3 in that (I guess we like making it close). The finals were us and the #1 seed. We also went to 3 in that game and won!
So we made it a much longer day than it needed to be. It was need to see the main photographer for the AVP there. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and adding them to this post.
- I felt very good regarding my knees/shoulders. Didn’t have a problem with that
- Started to wait for the set and keep the ball in front of me
- More aggressive on my swings/serves
- Played better defense than normal
- Blocking was much better – learning to front the hitter and widen my hands
Need to work on –
- Vision, I still have a lot to learn with that.
- Aggressive approach – then shoot
- Reacting more than guessing still
- Focus on every little thing I do
- More consistent setting
Pic credit: agamephotography.com